Please read through these points carefully before entering the registration system
- Shangri La Duathlon Challenge is a mass participation event with timing via electronic chip and following international regulations.
- Chinese participants are required to provide valid information such as Name, Gender, ID, Birth Date and Native Place same as the ones of the permanent residence booklet.
- Non-Chinese participants are required to provide valid information such as Name, Gender, passport number, and Nationality same as the ones printed in their valid passports.
- Each participant must fill in the online registration form correctly and completely (a written consent from the relevant guardians is demanded for participants under 18 or over 64). Should online registration be impossible, contact the Nordic Ways hotline
- Participants must pay the registration fee within 15 days following submission of registration and in any case before the race (online payment is recommended until 5 days before the event).
- Registration is personal and cannot be transferred to any other person.
- People who wish to start in the ELITE category should submit a scanned copy of their national federation’s elite/pro licence card to email@example.com , or submit well-documented results of other recent races that prove the person’s merit to be recognised as an ELITE athlete for the Shangri La Duathlon Challenge
- The age-group category that you fall into depends on your age on 31 December in the year of competition. Example: If you are 40 on 29 December 2018 then for the whole of 2018 you will compete in the AG 40 category already.
- It is possible to sign up as and take part in the event as an individual or as part of three-person relay team. A team must consist of three persons, two runners and one cyclist, and irrespective of gender. Participating teams in the relay competition are required to register also with a team name.
- Event registration goes in two periods: an early bird period with discounted race fees, and a regular period with standard race fees.
- Each registered participant will receive a participant’s bag at the event’s race office, which contains the following items: number bibs, bike plate, electronic timing chip, event T-shirt, sponsor gifts.
- The OC reserves the right to limit and/or refuse entries without assigning any reason thereof.
- Individual race entries are non-transferable. Any person doing so will be held responsible in case of an accident arising from or provoked by the other person during the race. The OC reserves the right to exclude both parties from future events.
- The OC will not be responsible for any disputes arising from incomplete/wrong entry details given by the participants.
- The race registration will only be confirmed when full payment of race registration fee has been made.
Health & insurance
- Participants are required to be properly prepared and in healthy condition to take part in the event. Each participant will sign a statement saying so upon collecting the number bib at the event’s race office. Please note that Nordic Ways declines all liability if health problems are experienced during the event.
- Nordic Ways will purchase insurances for the registered participants, based on the correct information provided. Hence, participants are required to fill in the necessary information in correct fashion. Otherwise, they are personally responsible for any risk or injury occurred during the event.
- It is highly recommended, and especially for non-Chinese participants, to have your own appropriate medical & accident insurance cover for taking part in cycling and/or sporting activities.
- Registered participants who obtain injury or any other health hazard during the event shall follow the official insurance procedure. Nordic Ways will not pay any medical treatment fee in advance.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITY
- It is my own decision to register for the 2018 Shangri La International Duathlon Challenge and all its related events. (Here after called “the race”), and I have provided the information truthfully. I shall take all responsibilities for any false information provided.
- I completely understand and will abide by all the competition regulations, rules, requirements and measures made by Shangri La International Duathlon Challenge Organizing Committee (Here after called OC).
- I guarantee I will follow the orders & instructions of referees and event staff.
- I’m acknowledged the special requirements and potential risk to my health condition of the race, I have evaluated all the risks and accidents that might occur during the race. I have fully prepared for the race and gone through physical check-up by the hospital of grade 1 or above. I confirm that my health and mental condition are qualified for any standards of the race. I will take any responsibilities of the accident that might occur due to my health condition and have no claim on the OC to any losses and responsibility arising thereafter. I agree that the OC can purchase insurance for me base on the correct information I have provided. If I have provided wrong information during registration, I will personally responsible for any risk or injury occurred during the event.
- I confirm that if I am involved in an accident or health hazard I will accept to undergo first aid medical treatment during the race if deemed necessary by medical staff. I will pay the medical treatment fee in advance and go through the insurance reimbursement procedure afterwards.
- I confirm that I have completely read and understood the abovementioned insurance instructions and insurance clause of 2018 Shangri La International Duathlon Challenge.
- I agree that my race registration is personal and cannot be transferred to any other person.
- I authorize OC to gratuitously use my name, portrait, voice and other personal information for purpose of the race organization and its promotion.
- I’m willing to receive all the relative information sent by event sponsors.
- I agree to acquire the certificate of achievement for the race(s) by printing it from the official website myself.
- The Information above has been read attentively and understood fully by myself or my legal representative, and I/my legal representative confirm all the information and take relevant legal liability.
Please click here to access the online registration system.